Bourne, Massachusetts, the entry point to Cape Cod, is a great place to work and live.
The advantages of having your business in Bourne are:
• An excellent quality of life for you and your employees in the seaside towns of Cape Cod and in Plymouth, Wareham, and others nearby.
• An educated workforce with opportunities for additional training through the Upper Cape Cod Regional Technical School and the Massachusetts Maritime Academy (both located in Bourne), the Cape Cod Community College (in Hyannis, 20 minutes away), the Cape & Islands Workforce Investment Board (www.ciwib.org), and state-sponsored training grants.
• Easy access to large metropolitan markets and suppliers, and transportation hubs – Boston, MA and Providence, RI are each only one hour away.
• Industrial and commercial parks with property available.
• People who will help you through the permitting process.
The Town’s Local Comprehensive Plan points to Buzzards Bay Village as the first target for redevelopment, with the goal to “. . . revitalize Main Street in Buzzards Bay in accordance with an accepted comprehensive plan.” Many recent activities by Town leaders and the BFDC’s Main Street Steering Committee have resulted in an environment that welcome business to Buzzards Bay, Bourne’s downtown. See http://bfdconline.org/bourne-development/bournes-downtown/ and http://bfdconline.org/bourne-development/development-opportunities/.