Hotel breaks ground
Downtown Hotel Celebrates Groundbreaking On Wednesday, June 27, Hampton Inn...
Ribbon-cutting Celebrates New Major Development
The first project in Bourne’s Downtown Growth Incentive Zone was...
Town Votes to Join MBTA, Extending Commuter Rail to Bourne’s Downtown
In May 2015, Bourne residents voted with a significant margin to join the...
Sewer Commissioners endorse two-phase plan
At its meeting on March 31, the Bourne Board of Sewer Commissioners endorsed...
Bourne, Massachusetts, the entry point to Cape Cod, is a great place to work and live.
The advantages of having your business in Bourne are:
• An excellent quality of life for you and your employees in the seaside towns of Cape Cod and in Plymouth, Wareham, and others nearby.
• An educated workforce with opportunities for additional training through the Upper Cape Cod Regional Technical School and the Massachusetts Maritime Academy (both located in Bourne), the Cape Cod Community College (in Hyannis, 20 minutes away), the Cape & Islands Workforce Investment Board (www.ciwib.org), and state-sponsored training grants.
• Easy access to large metropolitan markets and suppliers, and transportation hubs – Boston, MA and Providence, RI are each only one hour away.
• Industrial and commercial parks with property available.
• People who will help you through the permitting process.
The Town’s Local Comprehensive Plan points to Buzzards Bay Village as the first target for redevelopment, with the goal to “. . . revitalize Main Street in Buzzards Bay in accordance with an accepted comprehensive plan.” Many recent activities by Town leaders and the BFDC’s Main Street Steering Committee have resulted in an environment that welcome business to Buzzards Bay, Bourne’s downtown. See http://bfdconline.org/bourne-development/bournes-downtown/ and http://bfdconline.org/bourne-development/development-opportunities/.
Become a Member
The BFDC needs the expertise of many people – planners, economic development specialists, business people, commercial developers, architects and engineers. Please consider becoming a member. Send a note of interest to BFDC, P. O. Box 289, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532.
Bourne Development Campus
The BFDC is developing plans to create a green technology campus for green technology companies.
To promote the common good and general welfare of the town of Bourne and to improve the living standards of its citizens by fostering the improvement and development of employment and educational opportunities.
Our Recent WorkRead More
From The Blog
The BFDC is calling for applications from people...
On October 19, 2017 at a ceremony at the Bourne Community...
June 2018: The restoration and upgrade of the Buzzards Bay...
Downtown Hotel Celebrates Groundbreaking On Wednesday,...
The first project in Bourne’s Downtown Growth...
In May 2015, Bourne residents voted with a significant...